Short Code is also known as Short Numbers.
Short Code is a 5 digit unique number which company use for marketing purpose.
These are designed to be easier to read and remember than normal telephone numbers. Like telephone numbers, short codes are unique to each operator at the technological level.
Short Code Features
Short codes are mainly used for voting, advertisement, notification burst, ordering services and also in charity. Generally short codes an automated response program is associated with the short code. As the short code is received, an automated program perform the task associated with that code. For example to subscribe caller tune in your mobile short codes are used like-
- It works 24*7*365 available
- Short codes are 5 digit numeric numbers
- Like 56161/56677/54242
- Can get 99% genuine responses
- Short codes have a high top of the mind recall as they are relatively easiest way to remember.
Short Code Uses
- Customer/Businessleads generation.
- Information on demand.
- Charity Donation
- Mobile Services
- Television program voting
- Database creation of potential customer’s product wise,region wise, etc.
- SMS Contest, polling & voting service.